Robert Llewellyn's photographs have been exhibited in a number of published volumes, including:
- 2006 - Empires in the Forest: Jamestown and the Beginning of America with Avery Chenoweth, includes 115 photographs; published through Rivanna Foundation.
- 2008 - Remarkable Trees of Virginia with 176 photographs through Albemarle Books.
- 2011 - Seeing Trees: Discover the Extraordinary Secrets of Everyday Trees with 180 photographs, through Timber Press.
- 2013 - Seeing Flowers with 181 photographs, through Timber Press.
- 2015 - Seeing Seeds with 212 photographs, through Timber Press.
- 2017 - The Living Forest: A Visual Journey Into the Heart of the Woods with Joan Maloof; including 305 photographs, through Timber Press.
Buildings and monuments
- 1983 - Thomas Jefferson's Monticello with 81 photographs, through Thomasson-Grant.
- 1988 - The Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul with 85 photographs, introduction by John Chancellor; through Howell Press.
- 2001 - American Gargoyles: Spirits in Stone with 144 photographs, through Clarkson N. Potter Publishers.
Cities and regions
- 1979 - Upland Virginia with 54 photographs, through Upland Publishing.
- 1981 - Washington, The Capital with 89 photographs, through Thomasson-Grant.
- 1984 - Boston with 105 photographs, through Foremost Publishers.
- 1986 - Philadelphia with 103 photographs, through Foremost Publishers.
- 1987 - Pennsylvania with 107 photographs, through Foremost Publishers.
- 1988 - Chicago with 109 photographs, through Howell Press.
- 1989 - Washington with 103 photographs, through Howell Press.
- 1991 - Reflections of Washington, DC with 216 photographs, through Gallery Books.
- 1991 - Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown with 117 photographs, through Rizzoli International.
- 2003 - Albemarle with 103 photographs, through Albemarle Books.
Colleges and universities
- 1985 - Penn, a Photographic Essay with 110 photographs, through Fort Church Publishers.
- 1985 - Virginia, an Aerial Portrait with 99 photographs, through Thomasson and Howell.
- 1986 - MIT with 110 photographs, through Fort Church Publishers.
- 1989 - Georgetown: Meditation on a Bicentennial with 50 photographs, through Georgetown University Press.
- 1990 - The American University with 87 photographs, through Fort Church Publishers.
- 1991 - Ithaca College: A Centennial Portrait by Robert Hill with James J. Whalen; illustrated with 59 photographs, through Ithaca College.
- 1991 - Hollins: Celebrating 150 Years of Achievement, Tradition and Vision with Annie Dillard; includes 61 photographs, through Hollins College (Dai Nippon Printing Company).
- 1996 - The Academical Village with 56 photographs, through Thomasson, Grant & Lickle.
Forty four (44) of Llewellyn’s photographs were also published with a selection of poetry by John Hartmann in Silver Wings through Casadega Group in 1979.